Wednesday, January 24, 2007

First Real Training Ride

I finally found the time to go work out on the stationary bikes at gregory tonight and made a modest effort towards reaching our 1000 training mile goal with 15.91 miles! I will definitely be keeping this up.. the hour sitting on the bike went by quickly, despite having only my ipod and the people-watching potential of the greg weightlifting room to keep my mind occupied. I think knowing that i have a distinct goal and timeframe within which to complete it makes taking those first steps easier.

Also, even though the main reasons behind my involvement in T4K deal with cancer and the American Cancer Society, I will definitely enjoy the opportunity to get myself in better shape. It's not as if I'm dragging myself around campus or never take the stairs over the elevator, but I often wish that I had more determination to really get up and train. I guess what I'm really looking forward to this summer is to hopefully find the drive within myself that i always wished was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home