Tuesday, February 06, 2007

my little veloway

Today I did three loops of the veloway, which totals about 9.51 miles. For those unfamiliar with said veloway, let me impart upon you my infinite knowledge on the subject.... it's a pretty sweet paved sidewalky thing for only cyclists and skaters (although I suppose that skateboards would also be allowed??). In other words, only wheeled traffic is allowed.

However, today alone (my first visit to the veloway) I nearly mowed down one of 4 or 5 high school joggers who were hanging around the track. The guy was standing in the middle of the road with his back towards oncoming traffic for at least 15 seconds before his friends told him to get to the side, since there was an obviously professional cyclist (training for the tour de france) coming right towards him.

Also, a roadrunner ran in front of my bike. That was a pretty neat moment.

I hope to return there soon and practice my shifting (which i still need help with), sitting properly, and not holding on to the handlebars with the death grip of a woman condemned. And, thankfully, no road rash yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home